One of the most important parts about meeting new people is that first impression, and as the Front of House Manager, the privilege is yours to give that first breath of TEXAS fresh air! The TEXAS Outdoor Musical is looking for an upbeat, friendly, and reliable manager to fill our Front of House Manager position. The successful candidate should be able to manage a team, provide exceptional patron care, be detail oriented, able to lead by example, an excellent communicator, and able to work independently and with a team. We see this position as crucial to a positive patron experience, and we can’t wait to see who takes our customer experience to the next level!
This position is a full time on site position that will lead our Front of House and Box Office teams. In the off season this position will work in the Box Office creating a team to assist patrons with tickets online or over the phone. Beginning June 5th 2024 this position will require the candidate to be at the Pioneer Amphitheatre in Palo Duro Canyon Tuesday - Sunday evenings until the season ends on August 3rd.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Manager for all Front of House and Box Office operations
- Effectively manage all Front of House/Hospitality duties at the amphitheater including Box Office, Gift Shop, Ushers, VIPs, Program Sales, Tours, Parking, Concessions, and Dinners
- Communicate with the Artistic Director, Production Manager and Back of House team regarding including house opening, intermission, nightly performances, and evening events.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Hire, train, supervise and schedule all full-time and part-time Front of House staff.
- Create a pre-season training schedule and work with the leadership team to train all hospitality employees beginning in May 2024
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Oversees front-end sales, customer service, supervision of employees, cash controls, ticketing controls online and in-person.
- Assist in preparing daily, weekly, monthly, and settlement update sales performance reports.
- Patrol and maintain front-of-house area, ensuring that all front-of-house areas are clean, safe and secure.
- Oversees audience services and solves any problems or issues with patrons that arise.
- Provides leadership in emergency situations, building evacuations, shelter in place, weather emergencies and similar.
- Oversees daily ticket sales, refunds, exchanges, and special sales periods (i.e., option periods, season sales, comp priorities, group packages, etc.)
- Coordinates box office, gift shop, and concessions cash and check deposits
- Works with marketing and development on group sales, promotional offers, corporate sponsors, VIP and staff comps request, and audience development strategies
- Document all incidents, emergencies, or maintenance problems with an incident report, accident report, or work order.
- Work with leadership team to help to properly close and winterize the Front of House including inventory and cleaning.
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience in management and customer service
- Must be able to think and react quickly and creatively in unique situations requiring professionalism and composure
- Excellent interpersonal and written, oral and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated scheduling and organizational skills and the ability to work with various user groups
- 3 – 4 years of professional experience in management and customer service
- Experience in public safety and event management
- Experience in a theatre or performing arts setting
- $50,000 - $60,000