Front of House Manager
One of the most important parts about meeting new people is that first impression, and as the Front of House Manager, the privilege is yours to give that first breath of TEXAS fresh air! The TEXAS Outdoor Musical is looking for an upbeat, friendly, and reliable seasonal manager to fill our Front of House Manager position for the upcoming TEXAS Outdoor Musical 2023 season. The successful candidate should be able to manage a team, provide exceptional patron care, be detail oriented, able to lead by example, an excellent communicator, and able to work independently and with a team. We see this position as crucial to a positive patron experience, and we can’t wait to see who takes our 2023 Season to the next level!
This position will begin as part time, to hire and train staff but transition to a full-time once the season begins. Pre-season part time desired start day is mid-April. This position will require the candidate to be at the Pioneer Amphitheatre in Palo Duro Canyon Tuesday - Sunday evenings from June 8th - August 5th.
Work duties include:
Lead the hiring process for TEXAS Front of House/Hospitality Team
Effectively manage all Front of House/Hospitality duties at the amphitheater including Box Office, Gift Shop, Ushers, VIPs, Program Sales, Tours, Parking, Concessions, and Dinners
Ensure that objectives, targets and work performance standards are understood by the Front of House/Hospitality team through appropriate communication and participation.
Ensure the team is kept up to date with, and has access to the latest versions of Company policies, health and safety and other relevant information pertaining to their employment and job roles
Communicate with the Artistic Director, Production Manager and Back of House team regarding nightly performances
Communicate with the Leadership Team providing a Front of House report of evening activities (June – August)
- Establish and be able to implement a first aid and severe weather protocol
- Create a pre-season training schedule and work with the leadership team to train all hospitality employees beginning May 16th
- Create a weekly assignment schedule for employees during the season (June – August)
- Create and promote a culture of excellent customer service for the season (June – August)
Ensure all hospitality employees complete trainings, payroll, and other HR needs in a timely manner.
Work with the Box Office Manager on ticketing software and training
Help to properly close and winterize the Front of House including inventory and cleaning.
Other duties assigned
Job Experience and Skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable and capable with computers, credit card machines, and calculators
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
- Maintain professional appearance
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license required
April 11- May 15: Monday-Friday part time as needed for hiring and training
May 16- August 13: Full time in PDC Tuesday- Sunday (show evenings included)
Position will end one week after the show concludes and will be responsible for helping to winterize the Front of House areas
Hourly: April – May 15 $17/hour
Salary: May 16 - August $15,000